River Writing

rocks

Descriptive:

The atmoshphere was bright and full of life by the river. It sparkled blue in the sunlight, and even the boring grey of the rocks appeared to shine under the suns intense rays. The river, just off the rocky shore, rushed rapidly, it’s waters stretching out as far as I could see.  I felt the cool, refreshing water wrap around my anckles and weave between my toes as I waded into the shallow water. I took a deep breath, allowing the clear, fresh air filled my my lungs and I identified the smell of pine trees, and other woodland scents that wafted towards me from the further in to the park. I kicked at the water and watched as drops of water sprinkled all around causing ripples to break out in all directions. Laugher floods my ears as my peers joke around with each other, tossing rocks and striking up conversations, while others scribble furiously into their notebooks, inspired by their stunning surrounding.  Meanwhile I gazed up into the sky and looked at the puffy white clouds and let the sun seep into my skin and wrap me around in its warm embrace

Narrative:

How utterly beautiful is the mind of a child. How very simple and innocent, it’s nothing short of a miraculous in our world today that so many young children are wrapped up in a world of light and magic amongst all the darkness of reality. This is what I think to myself as I watch a small girl clumsily lurch side to side as she navigated her way across the many rocks littering the ground at our feet. She does not show any fear or discontent, in her world I imagine everything to be so easy. Her three main concerns are probably eating, playing, and sleeping. Her problems, are probably nothing more then a scraped knee, I think to myself with just a touch of envy. I watch as her mother grabs her hand while laughing, and my gaze trails after them as they continue to walk down the shore. I wish in that moment, that I could have what that child did: freedom. To be free from school work, free of the stress, to live a life without much pressure and complexities. Ah the simplicity of it all. Simplicity is a sweet, beautiful thing.

Persuasive:

Look upon the cool blue water at your feet, doesn’t it look inviting? It’s a hot day and in our school uniforms, it only feels worse. It’s starting to bother me, like a scratch you can’t reach that only gets worse and worse… luckley, the water is cool and  refreshing. Just wadding in makes me feel much more content instead of the uncomfortable hot I was feeling before. Now imagine how much better it would be to just dive in to the deeper water, to feel the cool of the water all around you!  To swim around, to splash, to have fun. I think you should do it! I really do. I wish I could… but I have a cold and can’t risk getting more sick, but you can! There’s no reason you need to sit on shore whilst gazing into the river welcoming water. Just dive in, don’t look back, and enjoy the heavenly feeling.

Expository:

A dog runs along the shore, sometimes running into  the water and running back. Wherever the dog went a few people would marvel at it’s energy and exclaim about how cute he is. Some people how ever shrieked and backed away as the dog approached. When that happened the dog would run in the opposite direction and all you would see as it would flee was a flash of its golden fur. It spent a great deal of time with a small girl as well, presumably it’s owners child. She giggled when it  licked her face and it was seldom it left her side. After about twenty minutes after our arrival, a woman hooked the dog back onto it’s leash and motioned at the small girl, telling her it was time to leave. They walked back up towards the path, away from the river and the dog look back a few times, his eyes looking wistful.